Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Can anyone help me with a recipe for carrot cake from River Road Recipes, I lost my book .?

I remember that you creamed the oil and sugar and then added the eggs one at a time, it also had a pineapple cream cheese frosting. No pineapple in the cake. Thank you.Can anyone help me with a recipe for carrot cake from River Road Recipes, I lost my book .?
Found it in RRR 2! enjoy!








CARROT CAKE





Cake:


1 3/4 cup sugar


1 1/4 cup oil


4 eggs


2 cups cake flour


2 tsp. baking powder


1 tsp. salt


2 tsp. baking soda


2 tsp. cinnamon


3 cups finely grated carrots


1/4 cup chopped nuts





Cream sugar and oil. Add eggs one at a time. Stir flour, powder, salt, soda and cinnamon together and add to first mixture. Fold in carrots and nuts. Bake in three 9'; grreased and floured cake pans at 350潞F for 20-25 minutes. Cool layers before icing.





Icing:


1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese


录 cup butter


2 tsp. vanilla


1 (16 oz.) box powdered sugar


1 cup crushed pineapple, well drained





Cream together cream cheese and butter. Mix in vanilla, sugar and pineapple. Spread between layers and on top of cake. This cake may be frozen.





--Mrs. Kathleen Flanagan


River Roads Recipes II

No comments:

Post a Comment