Monday, July 26, 2010

What are some alternative recipes for strawberry cake mix?

i used to have a book that was about all the possibilities, but one of my friends is borrowing it,...help, please?What are some alternative recipes for strawberry cake mix?
Strawberry-Cream Cheese Bars


http://www.recipezaar.com/130223





http://baking.about.com/od/cakemixcake1/鈥?/a>





http://www.bigoven.com/private/strawberr鈥?/a>








Fresh Strawberry Cake





1 box of duncan hines strawberry cake mix


1 pound fresh strawberries, rinsed and hulled


1 8 oz carton cool whip, thawed


1 large box instant vanilla pudding mix





Make cake according to directions on box. Pour into 9 x 13 pan. Bake 30-35 minutes in a 350 deg oven. Cake should be cooked until tester comes out clean. Cool 30 minutes.





Puree strawberries in blender or food processor. Poke holes with fork or large spoon handle in cake. Pour strawberries over. Allow 10 minutes to soak in.





Meanwhile, mix pudding mix according to directions for pudding pie. Allow to cool in fridge for 5 minutes. Mix cool whip in with pudding. ';Frost'; cake with pudding/cool whip mixture.





Friends and family always love it when I make this. It's light and fresh.What are some alternative recipes for strawberry cake mix?
When making my strawberry cake, I add 2 boxes of strawberry jello and instead of water , I use orange juice, and I use 1 cup of corn oil. All of these things mixed together, make it a wonderful cake. I ice with cream cheese frosting but I put fresh strawberries between each layer with the frosting. , I then top the cake with sliced berries...

No comments:

Post a Comment